What’s the best thing about working at Fisgard? Easy. The people.
Working at Fisgard
We search for talented people who are curious, creative, diverse, and driven by the purpose of our work and energized by the joy we get creating solutions for our clients. Whether you’re in lending, investment, marketing, accounting or other roles, our people bring relentless passion, fast learning and a culture of innovation to every aspect of their work.
Find your perfect fit below in our list of open opportunities.
Current Open Opportunities
Position Title: Mortgage Administrator
Location: Victoria, BC Canada
Salary Range: $50,000-60,000/year plus benefit package
A Brighter Financial Future!
Fisgard Asset Management Corporation is a client-focused, independent Mortgage Investment Manager as well as an Exempt Market Dealer. Since 1994, Fisgard has grown to become one of Canada’s most respected mortgage investment managers specifically focused on Mortgage Investment Corporations (MICs). Fisgard distributes investment securities in various provinces of Canada pursuant to their offering memoranda and offers mortgage investment products from British Columbia to Ontario.
Fisgard recognizes that our most valuable assets are our employees. We offer continued growth and career advancement and reward employees for their efforts and achievements.
Fisgard Asset Management Corporation is looking for an innovative, enthusiastic, and highly motivated Mortgage Administrator to join our expanding alternate lending team. This person loves to pay attention to details, is super organized, and takes satisfaction in making sure boxes are checked, processes are followed, and things are done consistently and correctly.
As a Mortgage Administrator, you’ll collaborate with and support a dynamic group of Mortgage Investment Specialists in all aspects of the residential and commercial lending process. This requires strong organizational skills as well as the ability to work in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple tasks and completing them in a timely manner.
Responsibilities in this role:
- Process as well as post mortgage transactions such as payments, mortgage advances, construction draws, property tax payments and mortgage discharges etc.
- Communicate with external partners, brokers and lawyers
- Participate, support and add value to mortgage department processes and procedures
- Prepare, administer, and review mortgage documentation
- Manage portfolio files to ensure all files are correctly administered
- Administer and perform follow-up associated through-out the mortgage life-cycle processes
- Perform any other duties as assigned
- 3+ years relevant experience in the mortgage, real estate or legal environment
- Mortgage administration knowledge (sub mortgage broker license is an asset)
- Experience with residential and commercial lending is an asset
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to communicate in a professional, mature, and courteous manner
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficiency with technology, Windows, Office 365 and other Microsoft applications
- Ability to handle multiple assignments without sacrificing quality or attention to detail
- Equally comfortable working independently or in a team
- Competitive salary with variable compensation opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits Coverage
- Short and Long-Term Disability Plan
- RRSP Matching
- Flexible working hours with the ability to utilize “Flex Time”
- On-site gym
- Company & Community events and activities – we like to have fun too!
- Fun and collaborative work environment with a focus on growth
- A commitment to your professional development and continuous learning
- A positive working atmosphere
While we welcome all applications, we will only respond directly to those who are short-listed for the role. Thank you in advance for your understanding and wishing you all the best in your career journey.
Details regarding compensation will be based on the successful candidate’s knowledge, skills, and experience.
Get to Know Us
For 30 years and counting, we’ve proudly taken care of our growing family of investors and our mortgage broker partners, guided by our commitment to security and stability.