What’s the best thing about working at Fisgard? Easy. The people.
Working at Fisgard
We search for talented people who are curious, creative, diverse, and driven by the purpose of our work and energized by the joy we get creating solutions for our clients. Whether you’re in lending, investment, marketing, accounting or other roles, our people bring relentless passion, fast learning and a culture of innovation to every aspect of their work.
Find your perfect fit below in our list of open opportunities.
Senior Mortgage Underwriter
Posting Date: October 17, 2022
Deadline: November 4, 2022
Location: Victoria, BC
Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: from $65,000.00 per year
Fisgard is seeking an experienced and dynamic Senior Mortgage Underwriter to join our team.
Our caring culture has been shaped by the passion and integrity of our people, and belief in our brand to help Canadians attain ‘A Brighter Financial Future’™! We value and reward your experience and commitment to teamwork.
Fisgard Asset Management Corporation (Fisgard) is a client-focused, independent manager of Mortgage Investment Corporations (MICs) as well as an Exempt Market Dealer. Fisgard celebrates its 28th year in business having grown to become one of Canada’s most respected mortgage investment managers.
Primarily an equity lender, Fisgard arranges residential and commercial private mortgage solutions for borrowers from BC to Ontario. Fisgard mortgage products range from smaller residential 1st and 2nd second mortgages to multi-million dollar commercial, construction and mezzanine loans.
Fisgard recognizes that our most valuable assets are our employees. We offer continued growth and career advancement and reward employees for their efforts and achievements. As we position ourselves to build our company for the future, we are seeking a new member of our Mortgage team working out of our head office in beautiful Victoria BC.
What you’ll be doing as a Senior Mortgage Underwriter
You will lead the analysis and oversight of a portfolio of residential and construction mortgage investments throughout their lifecycle (origination, payments, renewal and maturity). Primary responsibilities are underwriting, risk analysis, processing and approving mortgage applications from mortgage brokers. You will be engaged in building solid relationships with mortgage brokers ensuring volume, asset quality and profitability targets are top of mind.
A variety of skills and expertise are required that support the underwriting and approval process for new credit applications, conducting annual reviews on mortgage accounts, analyzing financial information, and completing analysis of industry and market data, as required.
You will be responsible for these activities being is in accordance with established policies, procedures, legal and regulatory requirements. Additional areas of focus are ensuring mortgage investment portfolio growth, risk mitigation, revenue generation and meeting defined team and corporate goals.
Who are we looking for?
- The nature of your experience can range from mid to expert levels with varying experience in residential and construction lending
- Demonstrate creativity and critical thinking
- Ability to uphold high quality of client service and product knowledge to clients
- Ability to work in an environment with tight timelines and deadlines
- Commitment to excellence, strong organizational and communication skills with an attention to detail
Preference will be given to candidates with:
- Experience in Mortgage Broker / Mortgage Underwriter role with preference given on your years of experience
- Experience in alternative mortgage markets
- Any provincial mortgage broker license
- Networking, client acquisition and interpersonal skills
- Practical skills and knowledge of sales and client relationship techniques
- Knowledge of competitive offerings, market trends, economic conditions, and the regulatory environment
Why Fisgard Asset Management
- Competitive salary with variable compensation opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits Coverage
- Short and Long-Term Disability Plan
- RRSP Matching
- Flexible working hours with the ability to utilize “Flex Time”
- On-site gym
- Company & Community events and activities
- Fun and collaborative work environment with a focus on growth
- A commitment to your professional development and continuous learning
- A positive working atmosphere
Full vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory for this position. Fisgard will however adhere to its duty to accommodate those who are unable to be fully vaccinated for a reason related to a human right protected ground.
While we welcome all applications, we will only respond directly to those who are short-listed for the role. Thank you in advance for your understanding and wishing you all the best in your career journey.
Details regarding compensation will be based on the successful candidate’s knowledge, skills, and experience.
Get to Know Us
For 28 years and counting, we’ve proudly taken care of our growing family of investors and our mortgage broker partners, guided by our commitment to security and stability.